I – Introduction
The www.yquem.fr website (hereinafter referred to as the "Site") is published by SA du Château d'Yquem, a Public Limited Company with a share capital of 224,640 Euros, registered in the Commercial and Companies Registry of Bordeaux under number B384 809 281, whose registered office is in Château d'Yquem, 33210 Sauternes, France (hereinafter referred to as “Château d’Yquem”).
Tel. : + 33 5 57 98 07 07
Publishing Director: Château d'Yquem redaction team
2. Gender Equality Index
Château d'Yquem's Gender Equality Index is 96/100.
Pay gap indicator: 36
Indicator relating to the difference in the rate of individual increases: 35
Indicator relating to the % of employees who benefited from an increase in the year following their return from maternity leave: 15
Indicator relating to the number of employees of the under-represented sex among the 10 employees who received the highest salaries: 10
3. Access to the Site
Connection to the www.yquem.fr site entails acceptance of this Legal Notice.
Château d'Yquem reserves the right to modify and update this Legal Notice at any time, and it is specified that any modifications and updates of the Legal Notice shall apply as soon as they are posted online.
Château d'Yquem keeps this Site updated for the use of those persons legally allowed to consume or purchase alcoholic beverages in countries in which the consumption or purchase of alcoholic beverages is legal.
II – Intellectual Property
Château d'Yquem is the owner of the domain name of the Site.
This Site and all software used in connection with the Site may contain confidential information or information protected by intellectual property legislation or other laws.
Therefore, unless otherwise stated, the intellectual property rights on the documents contained on the Site and each of the items created for the Site are the exclusive property of Chateau d'Yquem, and Château d'Yquem does not grant any license nor any other right on these items, with the exception of the right of consultation granted to Internet users.
In particular, the rights relating to trademarks and other intellectual property rights mentioned on the Site are the property of Château d'Yquem. The reproduction of any document published on the Site is permitted exclusively for personal and private use for non-commercial purposes. Any other type of reproduction and any use of copies for other purposes are explicitly prohibited.
Regarding software, it is forbidden to copy, modify, create a derivative work, reverse the design or assembly or in any other way attempt to find the source code (except as provided by law), sell, assign, sub-license or transfer in any way any right in the software. Similarly, it is also forbidden to modify the software or to use modified versions of the software and in particular (without this enumeration being in any way restrictive) to obtain unauthorized access to the service and to access the Site by means other than through the interface provided to you by Chateau d'Yquem for that purpose.
The use of all or part of the Site, including by downloading, reproduction, transmission, representation or distribution for purposes other than for personal and private use for non-commercial purposes of the user is strictly prohibited. Violation of the rights of Château d'Yquem exposes its author to the penalties established by the French Intellectual Property Code with regard, in particular, to copyright infringement (article L. 335-1 et seq.), trademark law (article L. 716-1 et seq.) and the Civil Code with regard to civil liability (article 9, articles 1382 et seq).
III – Personal data
1. Personal data protection
Château d’Yquem collects personal data, including via the “EMAIL US”, “SHOP” tab on the Site and/or via other questionnaires[s]
This processing was the subject of a declaration to the CNIL [National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties] under number 894645.
In accordance with Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, files and freedoms, modified by Law no. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004, Château d'Yquem collects personal data fairly and lawfully. Château d’Yquem undertakes to preserve the confidentiality and security of personal data provided by visitors to our Site.
1. Controller: the Controller is SA du Château d’Yquem.
2. Purpose of the processing: the provision of personal data makes it possible to respond to messages sent by visitors to our Site via the “EMAIL US”, “SHOP” tab and/or via other questionnaires;
3. Optional or mandatory nature of responses: an asterisk in the personal data collection form indicates that the response is mandatory.
4. Possible consequences of failure to respond: if the fields with an asterisk are not filled in, we cannot assure you that your request will be handled.
5. Data recipients: the personal data collected will be used by people in the Château d'Yquem communication department to handle requests and questions posted on the Site via the “EMAIL US”, “SHOP” tab and/or via other questionnaires.
6. Rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition: In accordance with Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, files and freedoms, amended by Law no. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004, every visitor has a right to access and to have rectified or deleted any data relating to him, and the right to oppose for legitimate reasons the processing of such data.
In order to exercise the above rights, the visitor is invited to:
- write to the following address:
SA du Château d’Yquem
33210 Sauternes – France
- or send an e-mail to:
7. Storage of personal data: Château d’Yquem undertakes to use information concerning personal data only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes described above.
Moreover, these cookies are designed to permit Château d’Yquem to gather information on the use of the Château d’Yquem website and to compile sales statistics.
Château d’Yquem undertakes to use the information obtained through the implementation of cookies only for the time required for achievement of the purposes indicated above.
Every visitor has the right to oppose the recording of cookies by configuring their browser as follows:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above:
1. Choose the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Confidentiality" tab.
3. Select the desired level using the cursor.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
1. Choose the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Security" tab.
3. Select "Internet" then "Custom Level".
4. Under the heading "cookies", choose the option that suits you.
For Netscape 6.X and 7. X:
1. Choose the menu "Edit">"Preferences".
2. Privacy and Security.
1. Choose the menu "Tools">"Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" option.
For Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
1. Choose the menu "Edit".
2. Click on the option "Preferences".
3. Click on the option "Security".
4. Click on "Display cookies".
However, some features of the Château d’Yquem website can no longer be used if the visitor refuses for them to be installed..
IV – Liability
1. Limitation of Liability
Château d’Yquem undertakes to ensure, to the extent possible, that information published on the Site is correct and up-to-date. Nevertheless, Château d’Yquem cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of information provided on the Site, including information from third parties.
Therefore, Château d’Yquem disclaims any responsibility:
- for any possible interruption of the Site;
- for any malfunction;
- for any errors or omissions in information published on the Site;
- for any damage resulting from the unauthorized intrusion of a third party having modified information supplied on the Site;
- for any direct or indirect damage, regardless of the cause, nature, origin or consequences.
2. Hypertext links
The Site may include links to other websites or Internet pages. Château d’Yquem has no control over such external sites and items. Therefore, Château d’Yquem cannot be held responsible for any such external sites and items and disclaims any liability for the content, advertising, products, services and anything else available on such sites or via an external link. Furthermore, Château d’Yquem cannot be held liable for any actual or alleged damages or losses consequential on or in connection with the access, use or the fact of having relied on the content, goods or services available on such external sites or sources.
IV – General Information
Château d’Yquem reserves the right to correct the content of the Site at any time and without prior notice to the Internet user. Thus, any modification is deemed accepted without reservation by any Internet user who accesses the Site subsequent to its being posted online.
2. Applicable law
This notice is established in accordance with French law and in particular the provisions of Law no. 2004-575 of 21 June 2004 on confidence in the digital economy and Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, files and freedoms, amended by Law no. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004.
The French courts are territorially competent to hear any dispute relating to use of the Site, unless otherwise arising from Regulation no. 44/2001 of 20 December 2000 on the jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters (Brussels I).
The Château d’Yquem site is developed and designed by:
20260 Calvi, France
Tel: + 33 1 40 26 75 33
The Château d’Yquem site is hosted by:
26 Boulevard Vincent Gâche
44200 Nantes, France
Tél. : 02 40 71 40 01
Website : www.linkbynet.com
Site : Uzik
Photos bottles: Alain Benoit
Photos inside: Francois Poincet – Gerard Uféras
Photos outside: Gerard Uféras
Photos portrait: Gerard Uféras – Thomas Duval
Photos archives: Château d’Yquem
Texts: Château d’Yquem – Annemarie Nouaille
Bac chair: Cappellini
Carafe: Baccarat for Yquem
Bibliography: OLNEY (Richard), Yquem, p7, Editions Flammarion, 2007